Baltimore, MD • January 10-11, 2015
Send proposal Submissions (250-500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline for proposal submissions: August 31, 2014
- Notification of acceptance: September 30, 2014
Mythmoot is a celebration and conference of the Signum University’s Mythgard Institute. The first two Mythmoots were held in 2012 and 2013 in Baltimore, Maryland. Participants enjoyed a private viewing of the first two Peter Jackson Hobbit films, discussed the film with “Tolkien Professor” Corey Olsen, members of the Riddles in the Dark Podcast team, and special guests. The second Mythmoot also featured paper sessions on topics in the fantasy genre.
Though Mythmoot III will take place after the premier of the third film, The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, it will include sessions about the latest film and the trilogy as a whole, along with guest speakers, musicians, artists, a reception and banquet, paper presentations, and fun and interactive sessions for fans and academics alike..
Mythmoot III is seeking proposals for 15-20 minute papers on Tolkien and other speculative fiction and media. This is an excellent opportunity for interested fans, students and scholars to present papers in a friendly venue with like-minded enthusiasts. First-time presenters are especially encouraged to submit proposals. All proposals relating to speculative fiction will be considered; themes of particular interest include:
- Tolkien in the 21st century– how Tolkien’s works are being engaged with by new generations of fans
- Out of this World – Traditional and new angles on fantasy and science fiction
- A Game of Games– analysis of fantasy/sci fi gaming from pen-and-paper to MMORPGs
Send paper proposals (250-500 words in Word, PDF, or in the body of the email), along with contact information to email@example.com no later than midnight EDT Sunday, August 31, 2014.
- Neither audio-visual facility nor hotel-supplied internet connection will be available for presenters at Mythmoot III.
- All accepted paper presenters must register for Mythmoot III. Presenter pricing (same as Early Bird pricing) will be available.